Two lakes was named in 1952 and the name was used to describe the two lakes. A recluse named Gunderson lived in a cabin near the north side of the lake, which later became Gunderson Meadows Campground. Gunderson Creek was also named after this gentleman who lived in the area until 1934. Two men from Wembley built a trapper's cabin on the North Lake back in 1935 and later built more cabins along their trap line.
HISTORY OF TWO LAKES, ALBERTA