In 1931, the Mennonite community established the Ridge Valley School District. The name of the community came from that name and Ridgevalley was declared a hamlet in 1992. It wasn't long after the first school was built, that many homes were built nearby also bringing a handful of businesses adding to the population. Ridgevalley is a hamlet in the Crooked Creek Area and many remember the Crooked Creek Store located along Highway 43. A large percentage of the population in the community is Mennonite. Located 10km south of Ridgevalley is a Hutterite Colony known for their market gardens and dairy operations.
HISTORY OF RIDGEVALLEY, ALBERTA