The 1st settlers settled in the area located 6 km south in a hamlet called "Waterhole". In 1928, the railway bypassed Waterhole to the north resulting in the inhabitants moving to the new site, naming it Fairview after an early homestead.
HISTORY OF WATERHOLE - FAIRVIEW, ALBERTA
Town of Fairview: (780) 835-5461. For more information on Fairview visit the website: Town of Fairview
Fairview Chamber of Commerce website 102009-109 Street. (780) 835-5999. Website: Fairview Chamber