There are a number of residents that have lived in Brownvale all their lives and have no desire to move anywhere else. Most homes are hooked up to the water and sewer lines. Many enjoy the peaceful surroundings of the community.
HISTORY OF BROWNVALE, ALBERTA
In 1924 Brownvale was created as a urban centre to serve the agricultural area. The owner of the homestead that was chosen for this site was John Brown who arrived in the district in 1913. "Vale" was added to the name of the hamlet, as it described the sloping landscape of the area. The land slopes downward in three directions from the Hamlet.
At one time the population of Brownvale grew to 200-300 people and with up to 33 businesses in this flourishing hamlet. The break down started with the centralizing of businesses in the 70's and 80's that resulted in many of them moving to Grimshaw and Peace River. In 2002 there was only one business, "Tom Roberts Computers" and of course the Museum.
Located only a short distance north of the Hamlet is the Brownvale Cemetery.
The Municipal District of Peace No.135 provides police services (RCMP) for this and other areas of the district with detachments located in Grimshaw, Peace River and Fairview.
NOW POSTED Events of the Peace Country