Homesteaders arrived in the area around the year 1910, and in 1922 the settlement was officially named Berwyn. Named after the village of Berwyn in Denbigshire, Wales. Berwyn was later incorporated as a village in 1936. Berwyn is known as the "Town of the Tower". The village was one of the last communities in Alberta with a wooden water tower. It was taken down in 1982 and a replica stands at the main entrance to the community.
HISTORY OF BERWYN, ALBERTA