A railway station was established in 1916 in Eaglesham when the railway came to this community. The name "Eaglesham", came from the village in Renfrewshire, Scotland. The first post office opened in 1929 and Joe McDaid was the first postmaster. In the early years, there was no school in Eaglesham and youngsters were taught at the Catholic Church. A log school was built in 1937 on donated land a 1/2 mile west of the village. In 1952 a school was built on the present site of the Eaglesham School. Due to a shortage of space, the old log school was moved into the village, as well the Legion Hut and the United Church were also used for classroom space.
Eaglesham Metal Welcom Sign: View Photo
Eaglesham Post Office: View Photo
Summerset Manor, Seniors Apartments: View Photo
Bird Houses at the Eaglesham School: View Photo